Pokemon Go Players Happier and Friendlier

I had to check the date on this article because I thought Pokemon Go was a think of the past. Apparently not and there is a study suggesting that people playing the game are happier and friendlier.  It doesn’t say who they are happier and friendlier than but I assume non players. I may have to start playing it again just to see if it makes me happier. It’s time to stop grousing about Pokémon Go. A new study shows the incredibly positive effects the game has on the players. Source: Pokemon Go Players Are Happier and Friendlier, Study Says – Good News Network

Read more

This invention lets rural Hondurans clean their water – and own the treatment plants

Access to clean water is slightly important. Okay, it’s more like essential than slightly important. Here are some students that are working towards giving rural Hondurans their own treatment plants so they can have access to clean water. We’re demonstrating the power of students when they’re given worthwhile work and space for autonomy Source: This invention lets rural Hondurans clean their water – and own the treatment plants

Read more

Humans Of New York Post About Anxiety

Humans of New York always has great posts and this one is no exception. This one is about a woman with anxiety and how, with the help of a teacher, is now using anxiety to help her creativity and art. “I used to try to hide it. I would log off social media. I wouldn’t answer calls,” she told HONY photographer Brandon Stanton. “I thought that if nobody knew, it didn’t exist. But the more I talk about my problem, the more I realize that other people experience similar things. So I’m trying to express it more.” It perfectly sums up why talking about the condition is so important. Source: This Humans Of New York Post About Anxiety Is Required Reading […]

Read more