Two Words That Can Change a Life, by Cheryl Rice

When I first read the title of this article, I thought ‘what a load of balls’. Well I was wrong. These two words my not always be life changing but in the right circumstances I’m sure they could. Everyone wants to feel needed and important in some manner. The woman the idea at the end of the article may be a little ambitious but we should aim for the moon. “”As I walked into the parking lot, I spotted the woman returning her shopping cart, and I remembered something in my purse that could help her in a different but hopefully profound way. It wasn’t a handful of cash or a lead on a job for her husband, but maybe […]

Read more

Far Away, Exotic North Vancouver

I cool story about an experienced couple that have a different view of North Vancouver than I do.  I always take this place for granted. “Growing up in Edgemont Village was idyllic,” says Elaine Kriz (née Hutchings). “I remember vaulting over backyard fences and running in the forest with my friends.” Source: North Shore News

Read more

Pay-back for Brothers Who Stole Bag During Woman’s Seizure

There are some idiots that do stupid things but I hope these kids learned their lesson. A mortified mother reached out to Naomi saying that after interrogating her 13 and 14-year-old sons, they had confessed to nabbing the backpack.     After having her possessions returned to her following her seizure, Naomi Strain wasn’t mad – in fact, she had the perfect request for the young thieves. Source: Perfect Pay-back for Brothers Who Stole Bag During Woman’s Seizure – Good News Network

Read more

Prison Created Father-Daughter Dances

Whatever sends people in the right direction is a good thing. Whether it’s a dance for inmates, meditation, sports, religion, anything.  Even things I don’t like or agree with, if it helps, it’s a good thing. In order to qualify for attendance at the dance, the dads also had to participate in over 30 hours of parenting classes. Inspired to turn their lives around, these dads attended parenting classes to attend a fancy father-daughter dance. Source: Why This Prison Created Father-Daughter Dances for Inmates – Good News Network

Read more